AFINITOR® (everolimus) Tablets plus exemestane more than doubles median progression-free survival (PFS) over exemestane monotherapy1*
AFINITOR® is indicated for the treatment of postmenopausal women with advanced hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer (advanced HR+ BC) in combination with exemestane after failure of treatment with letrozole or anastrozole.
*Median PFS was 7.8 months with AFINITOR plus exemestane [95% CI, 6.9-8.5] vs 3.2 months [95% CI, 2.8-4.1] with placebo plus exemestane (HR=0.45 [95% CI, 0.38-0.54]; P<0.0001).1
Important Safety Information
- There have been reports of noninfectious pneumonitis, infections, and renal failure (including acute renal failure) in patients taking AFINITOR, some with fatal outcomes. In the randomized advanced hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer study, the incidences of deaths due to any cause within 28 days of the last AFINITOR dose and adverse reactions leading to permanent treatment discontinuation were greater in patients ≥65 years of age compared with patients <65 years of age
- Oral ulceration is the most frequently occurring adverse event and occurred in 44% to 86% of AFINITOR-treated patients across the clinical trial experience. Most of these events were grade 1/2. Grade 3/4 stomatitis was reported in 4% to 9% of patients
- Elevations of serum creatinine, proteinuria, glucose, lipids, and triglycerides, and reductions of hemoglobin, lymphocytes, neutrophils, and platelets, have also been reported; monitoring of laboratory tests is recommended
- The use of live vaccines and close contact with those who have received live vaccines should be avoided
- AFINITOR can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman
Please see additional Important Safety Information.
Please see full Prescribing Information for AFINITOR.